Cut The Salt To Cut The Peeing
Are You Losing Sleep Due To Bathroom Trips?
Night Trips To Pee
- Some of us are having to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom more often than we would like.
- It is called Nocturia, or nocturnal polyuria, is the medical term for excessive urination during the night.
- Nocturia can lead you to become irritable, stressed and feel tired when you wake up.
What Can You Do?
- The first thing you should do is lower your salt intake a recent study has reported.
- Cutting down the amount of salt you consume during the day may help cut down both your night and day time visits to the bathroom.
- Most of us consume too much salt about 6-11g per day, which is more than twice the advised amount.
- Cut down on the foods labeled “Diet” which replace sugars with salt for taste.
- Carbs like pasta, cookies, cakes and especially bread can be full of salt.
- You should also cut down on the amount of fluids you ingest during the evening especially alcohol and caffeine.
You should also see your Doctor about checking your urinary tract and bladder.
Bigger Health Issues
- Frequent urination can also be caused by bigger health issues like prostate infections, pregnancy and Diabetes.
- The following symptoms of diabetes are typical. However, some people with type 2 diabetes have symptoms so mild that they go unnoticed.
- Common symptoms of diabetes:
- Urinating often
- Feeling very thirsty
- Feeling very hungry – even though you are eating
- Extreme fatigue
- Blurry vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Weight loss – even though you are eating more (type 1)
Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2)
Please subscribe and share this information with everyone on your email list.