Ditch The Carbs For Weight Loss In 2017
Number 1 Rule: Eat to satisfaction
Eat when hungry until you feel satisfied, but not stuffed!
20 Net Carbs Daily
- Get your carbs from non-starchy vegetables
- Eat carbs with either a fat or a protein.
- Net Carb Formula
Total Carb Count of a Food- minus Fiber Count = Net Carbs
- Protein is both 46% Ketogenic and 58% Anti-Ketogenic
- General Protein Intake Guidelines
- Sedentary lifestyle: 0.59-0.8 grams per pound of lean body mass.
- Mildly active: 0.8 to 1 gram per body mass
Heavy strength training bodybuilder & exercise 1 to 1.2 grams per pound of lean body mass.
Good Protein Choices
- Fatty red meats
- Chicken with skin
- Turkey, eggs
- Deli meats
- Organ meats
- Game meats
Nuts, seeds and full-fat dairy in moderation as they contain carbs
Drink Lots Of Water
- Water is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Supports the body’s ability to metabolize fat.
- Several studies found that reducing intake of water might cause fat deposits to increase while drinking more reduces them.
- Hydration greatly promotes weight loss
The more active you are the more hydration you will need.
Increase Salt Intake
- A little extra salt can help avoid possible side effects as your body adjusts to ketosis, including headaches, muscle cramps, or weakness that occurs as a result of electrolyte imbalance and since a low carb diet is naturally diuretic, you don’t have to avoid salt.
- Drink 1 to 2 cups of broth daily or use soy sauce over food.
Caution: ask you doctor about increasing salt intake.